Heartbleed SSL Bug
The Heartbleed Bug discovered this week affects millions of secured websites worldwide. Unfortunately we at BRACE discovered that our secured server was also affected by this bug. In short:
- Was BRACE's secured webserver affected by the bug? YES
- How severe is this bug? MEDIUM
- Why did BRACE use insecure software? The bug was discovered in a program part used by millions of webservers worldwide. Many big companies, even Google, have the same troubles. The software is reviewed regulary, but sometimes programming mistakes are not uncovered or not fixed quickly. The underlying program has proven its realibility over many years and it is still considered as being safe. BRACE tests as other web site owners all its software for security on a regular basis and fixes all security issues as quick as possible. If no update is available, BRACE rather removes the service (temporarily) instead of exposing our customers to a potential security problem.
- What does it mean for my files and data available on the page? The files and data are secured and safe. However, the bug allows to read protected content from the memory of the server. This may include passwords and other sensible information transferred from or to the server.
- I am using HTTPS all the time (a lock symbol is displayed in the address field of the browser), do I still have a problem? YES
- Was this bug fixed? YES. We fixed the bug within hours after discovery.
- What do I have to do? We advise strongly that you change your passwords in the user area of our webpage.
- Have any files been stolen? According to our log files, no files have been downloaded by unauthorized persons. However, as it is possible that the account and password of the users have been intercepted, it is not possible to find out if the rightful owner was logged in.
- How does BRACE avoid such security issues in the future? BRACE has always valued customer protection as the top priority. We will continue to monitor security issues closely and update our systems according to current security standards.
Rental equipment by BRACE. We offer a range of laboratory machines for rental. Rental times start at 4 months, lease-to-own is also possible. Besides the rental pool, of course also other options are possible on request.
As the health of our employees, customers and suppliers and their families are our main priority, we have decided to put the following restrictions immediately in place:
- We have a strict "3G" Policy. That means that any entry to our premises is only allowed for fully vaccinated, fully recovered or negatively tested persons (PCR test, not older than 24h).
- Vaccinated/recovery passes are checked before entry.
- All meetings except those that are absolutely mandatory are to be converted into video-/teleconferences
- Physical contact (shake hands) is to be avoided
- Please keep a minimum distance of not less than 1.5m at any time
- Deliveries are possible, however, please keep your distance. This is not a sign of disrespect but a sign of respecting you health
- Our employees are still available by email and phone. The phone will be answered as usual. In case your contact is directly affected by the virus, we have protocols in place to continue the service seamless
- A visit from a country which is considered by the Government of Germany a "Virusvariant Country" or a country for which a "Travel Warning" is issued, is only possible for fully vaccinated persons and after any mandatory quarantine is finished.
- All visitors should wear mask, especially when the social distancing of at last 1,5m cannot be followed
- Please use frequently and generously the disinfection solutions provided.
- We reserve the right to measure the body temperature before entering our premises of any person desiring to enter
- Showing symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, temperature...) will render it impossible to enter our premises
- Please contact us shortly before the planned visit in case any circumstances have changed.
Thank you for your understanding. For any questions feel free to contact us anytime at +49 6188 991757 or at email@example.com.
With the "Bavarian Export Award 2021 - Special Edition" the state of Bavaria appreciates small and medium companies for their success in the pandemic times. Three companies with up to 100 employees have been awarded this year on November 17, 2021.
BRACE GmbH was awared in the category "Successfully access new markets and finding new customers in pandemic times".
Vice minister of the state, Roland Weigert says"The three awarded companies are true champions in the export market. Despite the pandemic they challanged the obstacles and gained success in foreign markets. International business was and is despite rapidly changing circumstances an important factor of success for employment, growth and wealth in Bavaria. These small companies have an important role in all of these fields and to a large share of the success. The producing industries earn every second Euro with export. With their international business their roots in Bavaria are strengthened. The "Bavarian Export Award" is a recognition of the strongly export oriented successful Bavarian small and medium size businesses.The Awardees are great ambassadors and light towers of the Quality Mark 'Made in Bavaria'".
The Bavarian Export Award is rewarded since 2007 by the Bavarian Minister of the State for Economoics, Land Development and Energy, the Bavarian Chamber of Industry and Commerce, the Consortium of the Chamber of Crafts in cooperation with Bayern International.
Online event - June 10, 2021
Presentations from experts
Lectures from leading experts will cover a large scope of the encapsulation field. Selection mixes senior scientists with high level of encapsulation processes understanding, together with experienced business practitioners of well established practical applications.
Based on your own pre-selection among the list of participants, we will optimise your agenda for your preselected B2B appointments. You may consult any time your schedule and you will be remind a few minutes before each meetings. Throughout the duration of the convention, you will be able to set new B2B meetings by consulting the list of participants and sending them a request.
Showcase with Experts and Suppliers
During free time you may visit virtual booths from companies showcasing microencapsulation R & D services, Equipment & Tools, Material & Chemicals. You will have access to short videos, brochures and you may request appointments with the company representatives.